Sunday, May 2, 2010

EDM #100-Draw a Landscape (Canary Islands-VPO)



Well...missed the end of the month deadline for the VPO again. It isn't like I had started this and didn't finish, I just needed the weekend to work on it and the monthly cut-off fell on Friday. Anyway, since I spent a lot of time during the month wandering for a location, then thinking/planning about it, I wanted to 'do something' after all that; so I didn't let the momentum die but rather come to fruition irrespective of an arbitrary deadline...not to say I won't be trying to bring it in under the wire in the future!
Luckily, I can very easily catalog this piece as EDM Challenge #100: Draw a Landscape. (EDM is the first online challenge group that drew me out of a lifetime of not drawing/painting: thanks to everyone in EDM).

Google Map Street View reference here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And well you should be happy with this medium. I would say this medium is happy with you too, lines or no.

You are a watercolorist Rock,and it becomes you. So very nice, this piece.

rrARTz said...

this is gorgeous! the colors are vibrating off the page!

Art is for the Making said...

Congratulations! This is a wonderful painting. I haven't made the leap from sketching to painting. This scene is beautiful and it was worth your time picking it out carefully. Job well done!

Unknown said...

Lovely landscape!

Sketch Gurl said...

Looks very vibrant and lively painting. I do the same with Virtual paintout - I keep wandering around a lot.

nanke's stuff said...

This is just beautiful! I love the red in it - it makes the whole thing pop! Well done. nancy

Alex said...

I think it's beautiful and I like it all around =) I can't see how anyone wouldn't like it.

Leona Ellsworth said...

Beautiful work with or without the pen!